clues to grand hammer pitch

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Mar 13 19:31:55 MST 2007

> Yes, but I'm wondering if the stack height has been tampered with.  The
> bore
> length now is greater than what Ray told me it usually runs.  I'm having a
> feeling that I'm going to go through a growth spurt on this one.  Or, the
> owner may decide to just might have me work with what is there and get
> it to
> play the best it can.

Here be dragons. If you can't reconcile what you find the last
guy left you to work with with what you think you can do with
it to satisfy what the customer wants, it's a black hole.
Issue a genetic re-engineering estimate - whatever you think
it would take to build the action from scratch, so you know it
will work, and stand back.

Sometimes it's best to just say AAAArrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh!
Ron N