loose leg

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Mon Mar 12 22:33:30 MST 2007

Hello Friends,

AB Chase Grand.  Loose leg at the nose of the piano.  The leg plates mate
well and tight, but when mated there is still a gap between the leg and the
leg block (the part on the main body with the other half of the leg plates).
I've not had opportunity to disassemble yet, but any hints or easily
overlooked items?  I'm guessing I'll remove one or the other of the leg
plates, remove some material and reassemble to get the plates to ride lower
in their respective mortises/cutouts.  Confirmations/admonitions most
gratefully received.

William R. Monroe