Notching delignit bridge cap

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Mar 11 10:17:35 MST 2007

Yes, you can notch it by hand. Although I think I can pretty well guarantee
that you will notch only one by hand (that is, if you finish the first one).
It will be very, very difficult and you will have very bloody knuckles.

A notching machine looks exactly like what you build - i.e. there is no such
thing readily available for purchase. The only two folks I know that have
power notchers are Del Fandrich and Ron Nossaman. Del's is a hydraulic unit
as I understand, and Ron's is a rotary bit that cuts/grinds the notch.

Building one is about #27 on my list of 1,000 things that I absolutely must
get done yesterday.

Terry Farrell