Untunable G-150

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat Mar 10 17:07:43 MST 2007

>Don, would the application of protec  as you described work on those
>old knabe grands >with the huge slope downward from the tuning pin
>area to the string plane? I've always >had trouble with getting the
>string to settle on those old knabe grands.

This scenario requires pulling the string up to pitch and leave it.
There is too much friction to finesse the torque in the pin. Once you
back down the tension, the pitch drops dramatically. So pull it up to
pitch and leave counter bearing bar to tuning pin string
segment at higher tension, it will hold the pitch better.  Speed
tuning helps too.
--

Regards,

Jon Page