Untunable G-150

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Fri Mar 9 21:20:56 MST 2007

Dave,

Some YC grands from around 1993-4 had a stepped zinc insert that was
extremely sticky.  These were only in production for less than a year
because they were horrible to tune even when brand new.

The brass rods I did not find difficult to tune at all - brass and
steel together are normally self lubricating.  The tone was a little
zingy with those, though.

There is no answer for the zink inserts.  Protec helps, but needs to
be carefully applied from below, right at the contact point.

Don Mannino