Piano on the Titanic.

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 9 09:51:44 MST 2007

there were 5 Steinway grands B (Hamburg) and 3 K uprights. Centrepiece was a
B for the first class. Dark brown walnut and carvings in the style of
Luis-Quince. Of course without rollers. Allegedly Steinway used special
materials/glue for that grands because of the wet climate expected (how
true!)

For those whose German is decent enough to read the whole story:
http://www.titanicverein.de/geschichte_deutsch_zulieferer_fluegel.html

There are some nice paintings on that website, too.

Gregor