Missed appointments-any consequences?

Jim Johnson jhjpiano at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 9 00:46:39 MST 2007

  I seems that I am getting more no-shows these days than in years past.  Do any of you have a policy of charging a missed-appointment penalty when a customer is not there as arranged?  Even though we call each customer the night before to remind them that I'm coming, some still forget and leave.  Others call at the last minute and cancel because of some other priority (like wanting to go shopping or going out to lunch with friends)  It's beginning to have a noticable effect on my income.  It seems like people just don't have the integrity to keep committments anymore like they used to.
  Comments?