engineered wood rail (was: What would Steinway do)

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 8 12:08:04 MST 2007

Good point.  Nothing against lamination in and of itself.

My biggest problem was poor milling of the mortice holes.  Not good
when the Center Rail Pin is binding in the hole and you go in to with
the hand-tool to drill it out and it turns into a spider's nest of
fibers...  Had to break out the soldering iron.  There was some key
twisting but the climate was awful.

Andrew