Hitch pin trouble

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu Mar 8 06:40:26 MST 2007

I realize the benefit to a pre-application of liquid epoxy to the material
but we are talking about milled-edge cast iron, not permeable wood fibers.

I looked for West System's tensile strength info but only found reports on
how it increased the compression strength of wood.

Is there data to show that West System Epoxy, in and of itself, has
comparable strength to Marine-Tex Epoxy?

I like West System and use it for many applications but for metal to metal,
I'd go with Marine-Tex which can be drilled and tapped (great for damaged
agraffe holes, damhik).
--

Regards,

Jon Page