Band saw risers

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 22:51:27 MST 2007

For now, I've made the riser block from 3 pieces of
left over pinblock epoxied together.  The block is
about 4"x4" thick and adds 6" of cutting height.  With
a 3/4" dia. bolt going down through it, it seems
really strong.  I put a 105" blade on and made a new
longer blade guard.  The guide height slider hasn't
been reconfigured yet.  Tomorrow I'll try this out on
a cheaper piece of wood first and see how it goes.  So
far I've only spent $5.

Thanks for the input.

Bob Hull