Wurlitzer Grand

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Tue Mar 6 16:32:56 MST 2007

At 11:07 PM 3/6/2007 +0000, you wrote:

>A customer of mine has a Wurlitzer Grand G-461. I tune it every 6
>months. Its always drops in pitch more than we like. He lives in an
>older house and the floor where the piano sits is not level. We
>checked it with a level and its about a half of bubble off. The
>right side of the piano leans down. Do any of you guys think that
>this might have something to do with the piano going too flat in 6 months.
>
>Dick Powell (central Texas)

In a word, no.

If gravity had anything to do with it, the pitch would have slid to
the right, or sharp...

In solid geometry, three points in space define a plane. Since it is
a grand and probably on three legs, the plate does not flex as the
attitude (positioning) of the plane changes. No gravity or
attitudinal effects on the plate; no pitch changes due to good drainage.

How large a window is it sitting in???

Conrad Hoffsommer

There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them.
-Casey Stengel