Mileage

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Tue Mar 6 17:02:32 MST 2007

Hi Daniel,

You don't know if the fault lies with the piano, the environment around the
piano, abuse by the customer or with your tuning technique. If the pianos
were neglected then a single visit is not going to "put them right".

Charge for the distance you have to travel.

At 12:31 PM 3/6/2007 -0600, you wrote:
>hi list
>i'm going out of town to work on a couple of pianos that i tuned about
>3 1/2 months ago. on one piano, A4 is wickedly out of tune, but everything
>else is just fine, apparently. on the other, the bass has gone flat a
>little (i did a pitch correction when i tuned it last because the bass was
>flat and treble sharp).   i normally charge mileage for travelling to that
>area, but i'm wondering if it would be right of me to charge either
>customer. my gut instinct is to not charge them, but i just don'
>it's my responsiblity as the technician to make sure those notes
>don't go out of tune early. anybody have any opinions on what would be
>fair?
>daniel carlton No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free
>Edition. Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.5/707 - Release Date:
>3/1/2007 2:43 PM
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner