Celeste

Rob & Helen Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Mon Mar 5 19:27:18 MST 2007

I suppose it depends on who made it.  The German Sheidmeyer models I have
seen are absolutely beautiful and well made but VERY expensive.  I guess you
get what you pay for.  On the other hand the domestic college and university
systems were flooded with those horrible "Jenko" units, (or junko), between
the 1950s and 1970s.  The keys are all plastic and prone to breaking and the
"action" parts, (I use the word loosely for these), are made of bakelite
which are subject to chipping and eventually splitting.

About nine years ago I personally butchered an old unsalvageable Jenko for
parts.  I currently have the entire set of aluminum bars in my attic.  One
of these days I plan to make a really cool project with them.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV