Casters

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Mon Mar 5 19:41:21 MST 2007

Maybe the sockets I had, were inferior, they were just a fold over press
fit. The part going into the bushing was tight, but the bushing was not
tight in the hole, then after a few months the bond of the two parts of the
socket separated, and the wheel 'wiggled'.
The plate part was still securely fastened by the four screws, but the
centre of the socket was free, and that is the part that held the wheel
assembly.
A good quality socket, would not have had this problem.
This allowed the wheel to bind, and in some cases the composite wheel,
separated, necessitating replacement wheels be fitted.
The casters can be rebuilt, with the replacement wheels, which were about $1
each from Schaff.
You obviously did not have a similar experience to me.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca