What would Steinway do

hubert liverman hubertliverman at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 5 10:24:10 MST 2007

    Hubert/Dave
    You all made me laugh out loud.
    Good stuff
      Signed Dale
    President of piano re builders anonymous.
    Our motto "Where all you past mistakes are held confidentially".....Yeah right
    We love you Dave.  We love you Hubert

  Edited to save some bandwidth and patience... thank you both for your replies and kind remarks. Then a thought about Antonio Stradivarius violins and piano redesign/rebuilding

  "We have the house completely controlled by our agents; we've scoured every surface for clues as to the make-up of the Fairy Dust; and we've got the Elves in a sub-basement of the Atelier...."

      David; we have got to be careful what we post here...On first reading I thought you had ELVIS in the sub basement.

      Banjos and Kazoos...I know many pianos that have the attack of a banjo and the sustain of a kazoo...Did I forget to say that I am in Alabama :-)

      Enough fun now:

      Every Strad violin has been redesigned.. strings,neck,fingerboards,bridges,sound posts.
      If Antonio could hear his instruments in their present altered state, what would he say?
      Culture shock should be considered here.

      1.  What have you done to destroy the dulcet tones of my instruments?
      2. Thank you, that is what I had in mind all along!

      I prefer option # 2 and submit it to the redesigner/rebuilders as analogy ammunition

      With respect and humor to everyone,

          Hubert Liverman
          Tuner/ tech
          Opelika.AL