: slightly OT...DST scheduling differences between desktop andhandheld

David Porritt dporritt at smu.edu
Sat Mar 3 14:11:14 MST 2007

Microsoft has been working on that problem and there are some files you can
download for your PC to tell it about the expanded DST.  I know at SMU
(where everyone is supposed to use Outlook for calendars) our IT people have
been scrambling to update the servers that keep all these calendars.
Outlook stores all your appointments at GMT and then adjusts them to your
local time.  Since the local time is no longer what they originally planned
the appointments now scheduled between March 11 and April 1 are “adjusted”
to your local time incorrectly (standard rather than daylight time).

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu

  _____