Pinblock/back separation repair

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Mar 2 19:03:33 MST 2007

> Gee, Ron, do I have to show you all my tricks?

Ok, sure. I'm always willing to steal, er, adopt good ideas.

>Since you can't (or
> shouldn't) have a steady flow of cutting oil on the drill bit, use your
> favorite 12 volt Black & Decker cordless drill with the almost dead
> battery and a dull bit and it will save your wrists! On the other hand,
> better to have a sore wrist than a broken bit....
>
> Dave Davis, RPT

My long suffering Milwaukee 3/8" VSR is the axe of choice
here, and is just about as strong as I am, which makes it a
good match for both the job and me. The old 1/2" hole shooter
would either spin the piano, or take an arm off (guess which),
so it doesn't get to play on this particular field. Cordless
is sometimes handy, but generally not worth the hassle for me.
I pretty much always prefer dependability over convenience.
Ron N