What would Steinway do

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Mar 2 17:19:47 MST 2007

I know this has been rehashed many times, but IMHO, Ron N's D at Rochester
is a Steinway. More specifically, it is a modified Steinway.

Q: What do you call an all-original 1959 Corvette? A: A Corvette.

Q: What do you call a 1959 Corvette with a '69 302 engine with
four-bolt-mains, angle plugs, ported and polished valve passages, 2.02 I&E
valves,12:1 pistons, 0.610 lift cam, 850 double-pumper dual-feed carburetor,
4.88 12-bolt rear end, etc., etc.? A: A modified Corvette.

It started life at the factory as a Steinway/Corvette, it is still the same
size and shape as a Steinway/Corvette, the basic frame and structure is the
same, only some of the innerds have been changed and upgraded.

IMHO, same thing.

Terry Farrell