Seasonal pitch change: was -- Long term pitch drop, was: Type O

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Thu Mar 1 23:44:28 MST 2007

Has anyone noticed how semilog progression bridge pianos are more
sensitive to seasonal pitch change than hockey stick bridge pianos, or
plain-capped bridges compared with laminated bridges? *Elongation* of
the bridge in the tenor area might affect tuning more than say upper
treble due to angle of the bridge and space between notes.

Tom Cole