Pitch Raise using RCT

Dean Reyburn dlr at reyburn.com
Thu Mar 1 22:17:18 MST 2007

Hi David,
Either of the first two methods you mention will work but sequences
are faster than others (the third one would work but would be really
slow).

I'd recommend you use the sequence that gives you the most efficient
muting and tuning pin sequence, which varies from one tuner to
another. The sequence depends on if you are pulling out strip muting
or using rubber mutes. In any case there's no need to pull up unisons
literally left to right for each note if a different sequence is more
efficient (as long as you generally pull up unisons as you go).

I still like to strip mute the piano and pull out the strip as I go.
So I let RCT sample the center string on a trichord, then pull out
the strip to the left of the unison and pull up the left string of
that unison, then pull up right string of the previous note/trichord.

However in talking to a lot of tuners using RCT, most pitch raise
with rubber mutes, either two mutes, or a single split mute. The
method that is best is the one you're most comfortable with and/or
fastest with. I'm faster and more comfortable with strip mutes for
some reason, maybe because I tuned strictly aurally for so many years.

BTW, there is a CyberTuner listserv called ctuner at reyburn.com which
is free for RCT users. To subscribe:

   http://www.reyburn.com/lists.html

Best regards,

-Dean

  RPS, Inc.              contact: <http://www.reyburn.com/contact.html>
  Dean Reyburn, RPT
  2695 Indian Lakes Road            web page: <http://www.reyburn.com/>
  Cedar Springs, Michigan, 49319 USA
  Sales & support: 1-888-SOFT-440 (or 616-696-1002)   Fax: 616-696-8121