Blind Pitch Raises

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Fri Jun 29 17:28:15 MDT 2007

If it's been that neglected, and the owner wants it to sound "good" when
you're done, you probably need to do two PR's and a fine tune. And don't
forget to tell them ahead of time that there's a significant risk of strings
breaking, and that YOU don't break strings... the STRINGS WANT to break.  If
you happen to be an RCT user, you'll notice that the PR settings are for
"Small (up to 60c)", "Medium (up to 100c)", and "Large (over 100c)".  I
think there are at least two reasons for that, one of which is to minimize
crazy amounts of overpull which is necessary, but dangerous to do on strings
that have been slack for way too long.

Another option may be to PR/FineTune to A435 this time, then PR/FineTune
A440 next time (like within six months).

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN