Age of two pianos

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 16:42:02 MDT 2007

Marshall,
The first number, if it isn't actually a *model number* (which as I
recall were 4 digits long), would have it made circa 1907. If it's a
big ol' upright or a grand, that may be the correct date.
The other number *is* too long by two digits. If the zeros were false
it could be made circa 1966. Sorry, hard to know what to say ... I
vaguely recall that *some* Wurly serial numbers ran longer than the
atlas seems to indicate. I don't have serial numbers for after 1996 in
my 10th edition Pierce Atlas.
Good luck,
Patrick Draine