High overtone

Frank Emerson pianoguru at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 13 16:22:06 MDT 2007

The key is if you change the frequency of the fundamental, and the
frequency of the undesirable partial does not change, it is, certainly, a
longitudinal mode partial.  If this is the case, the solution is in
rescaling.  You cannot change the frequency of the longitudinal mode
partial short of changing the relative diameters of the core and wrap.
Generally, it is best to have a longitudinal mode partial frequency that is
remote as possible from a harmonic partials.

Frank Emerson