ETDs

Pianoman pianoman at accessus.net
Sun Jun 10 07:09:18 MDT 2007

I used the cyber-tuner in
Mac form, on PC form, on the handheld form.  I began with an SOT way back in
the 80's , then SAT and in 97 to the Mac Cyber-tuner.  1.5 years ago I
bought a new SAT III.  I found that the SAT was less cumbersome since only 3
samples had to be taken, rather than 5, and overall the SAT was easier to
use, especially considering battery power.  With the SAT III there are
several choices of the kind of tuning you want to do.  The original stretch
tuning, as per the SOT, but built in, or the FAC tunings or to just tune the
piano manually using intervals.  That is just my opinion.
James
James Grebe   Piano Tuning & Repair   Member of Master Piano Technicians.
Registered Piano Technician of the Piano Technicians Guild for over 30
years.   "Member of the Year" in 1989
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups, Piano Benches, Writing
Instruments,Table Timepieces
 (314) 608-4137   1526 Raspberry Lane   Arnold, MO 63010
Researcher of St. Louis Theatre History
BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
pianoman at accessus.net
Jimpianowood at yahoo.com