Ebony bridge caps

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Jun 7 06:59:46 MDT 2007

Michael
 zzzzzzactly.  Well said. For quite some timer  now I have been very fussy
about my bridge cap material.  I find it where I  can.  I had the good fortune
of buying old Aeolian maple stock,  which was aged tight grained.    I also
managed to salvage a  complelty built of maple upright. Beautiful stuff. 20 t0 25
grains an inch.  Unheard of.
  This gives me very dense treble caps & really tight  pin holes.  The lack
of false beats is evidence of good materials.  I  like the laminated idea a lot
but it requires the fancy dancy notcher which I  don't have time to invent.
Besides nothching really good maple is not that hard  with sharp chisels &
well...there's the craftsmanship part which I enjoy.  Enjoyed your post & tude
dude.

  Dale

Having said all of that, (I also love dichotomies),I think most  would agree
that throughout the the conversations of boards,  bridges, caps, etc, one
theme remains constant:  minimize  the losses.  Lost energy is lost energy.

Michael C. Spreeman
_http://www.spreemanpianoinnovations.com_
(http://www.spreemanpianoinnovations.com/)