Young Chang Brackets

ITUNEPIANO at aol.com ITUNEPIANO at aol.com
Sat Jun 2 20:39:53 MDT 2007

On expanding action brackets, the piano will tell you.  The hammers  tend to
block against the strings.  In the early stages, adjusting the  let-off and
blow distance will be a temporary fix, but I don't recommend it  -  this fix
only lasts about a year before the blocking happens  again.  The adjustments will
only have to be reversed when the brackets are  replaced, so it's best to
replace the brackets in the first place. The new  brackets are substantially
lighter in weight than the bad ones.  I ran into  one today, a mid 90's Y/C Knabe.
 I couldn't tune it and will order  brackets on Monday.   I'm wondering if
this issue will be like the  plastic elbow jobs - I'm getting several a year
now.