Internet Piano Sales

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Jul 31 21:23:36 MDT 2007

> Actually, I have had several folks try out our pianos, like them, and
> then purchase the "same" piano from some internet vendor. They saved a
> few hundred. Then, when their "same" piano ends up not playing or
> sounding like those we've carefully prepped, they come here wanting us
> to make their new piano play and sound just like ours do. Oh, yes, and
> shouldn't that all be done under warranty at no charge to them?
>
> We've taken the position of doing the work at our normal retail field
> rates (no takers yet) or referring them back to the selling dealer.

Not much else you could do and survive. Even if there be
takers, you're still likely making less per hour fixing the
problems than the other guy did making them, whether the new
owner ever knows the difference or not.

Doing good may, as advertised, be it's own reward, but that's
only because of it's limited income potential.
Ron N