Old Janssen upright w/ broken action bracket

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Sun Jul 29 19:54:46 MDT 2007

Greetings,

           Last year I was given an old Janssen upright that was just fine.
It has age issues, but it plays and some beginner kid would probably like it. I
had wanted to throw a regulation on it and card and voice the hammers and
sell it.
         However, my husband fell onto the front of it and broke the one
action bracket. Is the only way to fix this to remove it and drill holes to put a
splint on it, (on 2 sides)? Can it be repaired?  It didnt affect it's playing,
should I just continue on with regulation and sell it...for less of course
than I originally wanted to get for it?...What will/can happen if I just dont
repair it?

Julie Gottshall
Reading, PA