Pricing Pinblock Treatments

vince mrykalo madvinmryk at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 22 17:10:34 MDT 2007

It takes attending conventions, trying things out, getting it down to a science, and guaranteeing a certain results before you do it for a customer.  I charge the cost of 4 tunings to do it. They are paying for knowledge gained from time and money spent.  That's a bargain.  Yes, I back up my work.

> On 7/20/07, David Nereson  wrote:
>>

>> I'm wondering what folks out there are charging, typically, for CA
>> treating
>> an upright block, maybe expressed as a percent of tuning fee or hourly
>> rates.
>>
>> Also, are you offering a warrantee?
>>

>> Alan Barnard
>>  Salem, MO
>>

>> I charged $40 once, then a separate fee for the tuning.  There's a tech
>> around here who charges $650  [sic] !!  I don't know how he justifies
>> that
>> except for telling the customer that the old way was to replace the
>> pinblock, re-pin, and restring for $2500 or so, after which $650 sounds
>> "dirt cheap" to them, he says.  I know I'd have an extremely
>> difficult time
>> trying to sell the job for any more than about $200 tops.
>>
>>             --David Nereson, RPT

      Vince Mrykalo RPT MPT
  University of Utah

  "Minél több a változás, annál nagyobb az állandoság"

  The more I learn, the less I know.

  www.mrykalopiano.com