SV: Re: Palm vs Pocket Pc

Aras aras6310 at yahoo.se
Fri Jul 20 10:39:02 MDT 2007

You could check on this site where they also have tests on the different GPS systems.
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/contact.php

paul bruesch <paul at bruesch.net> skrev: Bein's how I'm getting along in years, I attended the first of two four-hour safe-driving course lessons last evening. We talked about GPS units, and the instructor liked the idea of my Garmin/Palm unit being on the dash, as compared to the Lexus SUV that mounts it way low, I guess where the ash tray used to be. On the dash, you don't have to take your eyes so far off the road to look at it. Of course, talking GPS -- gotta LOVE it -- is infinitely safer than looking at a paper map and unfolding it and refolding it all while you're driving down the road.

A few years ago when I bought my Garmin/Palm, there was an option for an external antenna with a cable to plug into the unit. I would assume it's still available, but have not checked any time recently 'cuz I don't plan to get one at this point.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN

On 7/18/07, Cy Shuster <cy at shusterpiano.com> wrote: It's called "VZNavigator", and it speaks the directions to you; no need to
look at the screen.  $2.99 for 24 hours, or $9.99/month for unlimited use.
If you drive somewhere for an hour, it doesn't use an hour of airtime; the
phone navigates independently.  It uses some airtime to download the route
and occasionally to get a new map or recalculate a route.  And of course the
database is updated automatically on Verizon's side; no need to buy an
update for your GPS every year.

www.vznavigator.com

--Cy--