Palm vs Pocket Pc

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Wed Jul 18 11:02:53 MDT 2007

Bein's how I'm getting along in years, I attended the first of two four-hour
safe-driving course lessons last evening. We talked about GPS units, and the
instructor liked the idea of my Garmin/Palm unit being on the dash, as
compared to the Lexus SUV that mounts it way low, I guess where the ash tray
used to be. On the dash, you don't have to take your eyes so far off the
road to look at it. Of course, talking GPS -- gotta LOVE it -- is infinitely
safer than looking at a paper map and unfolding it and refolding it all
while you're driving down the road.

A few years ago when I bought my Garmin/Palm, there was an option for an
external antenna with a cable to plug into the unit. I would assume it's
still available, but have not checked any time recently 'cuz I don't plan to
get one at this point.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN