Ad-vice

Geoffrey Arnold welltemperedtuning at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 22:11:35 MDT 2007

Hello all!

Well I took the plunge and signed up for the quarter page ad in my local symphony's upcoming season's program, costing more than my yellow page ad for the year! I feel good about the potential return on this investment and have until the first of August to send them a .pdf of the color ad I want to print.

I realize advertising is about projecting the perspective and image unique to my company. I know not to preach, to grab the attention, and create a desire for the service, establish myself as an expert in the field... but how to do so artfully, with humility and tact, all crammed into a 7" x 2.75" rectangle.

Any advice is welcome. What have you found effective in such advertising? Web links or attached examples of piano related ads you have found effective would be great. Or words of wisdom could be even better

I like the PTG reminder card of "Don't let your piano loose its elegance". I would like to evoke a sense of the history and cultural significance available right in the home through the piano... Camaraderie with Bach and Mozart... or a specific Symphony angle "The symphony tunes up before everyone of their concerts..."

I realize this is a bit abstract, off topic, and perhaps even inappropriate... hopefully some day I will have the budget to higher a professional graphic artist and/or ad design team (yeah right!)... all advice is appreciated

Thanks!

Greg Arnold