Stripped screw hole repair CA

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Sun Jul 15 09:43:22 MDT 2007

Hi all,
Yesterday I did a repair on a stripped screw hole on a Stark console.
The legs were held in place with three screws all of which were loose.
One leg had oversize screws that were again very loose to not holding at all.
As usual I used CA in the hole to firm up the wood and all but the loosest was good to go.
On the loosest ( the largest screw ) I filled the hole with toilet paper pushing it in place with
my capstan tool tip so that a screw way was created. Then added CA until all was moist with CA.
Waited 15 seconds and attached the legs.
All screws were able to be tightened as if the hole was new.

Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com