Knabe Stringing felt question

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Wed Jul 11 15:36:12 MDT 2007

Hello all,
Let's see if I can make this clear without pictures.  I am rebuilding
a Knabe 5''8", which had undergone a previous rebuild, so was not in
original condition.  In the top two treble sections,  there were two
areas covered with cloth that seem questionable to me: first, the
plate 'boss' (?) in front of hitch pins, which forms the rear
terminus of a rear duplex, the front terminus of which are the rear
bridge pins, and, second, the front edge of plate, which would form
the front terminus of a front duplex.  The date of the piano is
unclear, as serial numbers seem not to exist, but it is definitely of
the Baltimore period, not from Aeolian.

Thanks for any insights.  Sorry about no pixs but maybe will get it
together this summer.  Love good pixs on list.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY