Here comes the pitch

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jul 9 22:24:09 MDT 2007

Not that the customer will necessarily hear me (although I've never had a
problem with it), but during the initial phone call to schedule an
appointment - after they have told me that the piano was tuned within the
past year - I tell them I haven't examined their piano and I don't know what
pitch it was last tuned to, but IF the piano was tuned at standard pitch, we
likely will not need to do a pitch raise, but regardless, "if your piano is
significantly below standard pitch, we will need to do a separate procedure
called a pitch raise, and I charge $45 for a pitch raise."

Seems to work for me.

Terry Farrell