String covers

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 28 06:25:45 MDT 2007

Jon
Save time and aggravation by calling Schaff. There string cover material (
#29 string cover felt in various colors) is sold in bulk lengths and you cut
it to size.. I usually buy 10 yards at time and can get numerous covers out
of it
. Use the top lid of the piano as the template and then tie a piece of
fishing line along the nose bolts or struts to keep the material off of the
strings and you have a nice setup.
We also recycle the remnant cutout parts and make additional covers by
sewing the cutoffs together. Note that this is not a pure wool cover but a
blend of various ingredients. That being said, these covers have done
extremely well here in S. Florida guarding against the salt environment and
hurricanes.
Tom Servinsky