tough enough

ITUNEPIANO at aol.com ITUNEPIANO at aol.com
Sat Aug 11 21:35:48 MDT 2007

Hi Don,  like yours,  my real world is pitch raises up to  100 cents  but for
testing purposes and moving just one string, I would  think 2 cents flat
would need minimal compensation, besides, the time allowed is  plenty of time to
tune the center strings twice to correct any slippage or  errors.  I wonder if
that has ever been tested with an ETD, or is it just  generally held
perceptions?  I once tested for a Steinway dealer, who  showed me the piano and told me
to tune it 2 cents higher.  I guess that  test worked for them.

The current PTG test does accurately measure tuning abilities to a min
standard- I'll give it that.

Bob Maret,  RPT
Piano Technician