What to tell clients

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 19:53:01 MDT 2007

And why would we want to tune pianos that are not tunable?

  Matthew

Shawn Brock <shawn_brock at comcast.net> wrote:
  Chris: I get that question a lot. My standard answer is almost always the
same. Well(insert 2 seconds of silence here) it did need a tuning. This
lets me out of the question and is an honest answer with out getting into
all the details. The worse thing ever is when you go to tune a piano that's
no longer tunable. I wish I could find an answer for that problem that
would not leave the customer unhappy. Luckily I have not found myself in
that situation except for one time. After that one time I learned to ask
all questions possible and some times listen to the piano over the phone.
Man what a bad day that was! So if you come up with a statement that is
good for untunable pianos please let me know!