What to tell clients

Shawn Brock shawn_brock at comcast.net
Thu Aug 9 18:09:39 MDT 2007

Chris: I get that question a lot.  My standard answer is almost always the
same.  Well(insert 2 seconds of silence here) it did need a tuning.  This
lets me out of the question and is an honest answer with out getting into
all the details.  The worse thing ever is when you go to tune a piano that's
no longer tunable.  I wish I could find an answer for that problem that
would not leave the customer unhappy.  Luckily I have not found myself in
that situation except for one time.  After that one time I learned to ask
all questions possible and some times listen to the piano over the phone.
Man what a bad day that was!  So if you come up with a statement that is
good for untunable pianos please let me know!