Counter-bearing drag

Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano juderev at verizon.net
Tue Aug 7 20:10:04 MDT 2007

Ahh, kinda late in the thread, but I've been thinking...oh no!

I'm looking to upgrade my string terminations on my rebuilds too like so many of you cool guys and gals so my questions are:

  1.. How do bend your half rounds to conform to any required sweep? Clamp in a form?
  2.. Why brass? It is so soft, will get marred by the strings and eventually tarnish?  Why not anondized aluminum or titanium? If it's a question of economics, shouldn't we at least plate the brass?
Thanks for any thoughts...

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Lowell, Massachusetts