Urgent need of help with three technical terms

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Wed Nov 29 09:14:22 MST 2006

I wrote:
<< "deviation from parallel".

Andreas writes;

So that is the technical term for it? >>

   That is what seems to be a technical description, but as far as a "term"
for this condition, I don't know.

>>However, in a badly balanced action (if the measurement I’m asking for

is too small or even negative) a heavy hammer would out-balance the butt and

the back stop and it would tend to tip forward. I forgot to indicate that I

was referring to a problem case where the action rail might be too far from

the strings.<<

    I see, in a badly balanced action anything is possible. What the
difference is,here, is that a large hammer will have a center of gravity that is
closer to the strings, so yes, it would return slower. However, if the smaller
hammer were to share the same center of gravity,(which would require it to be
closer to the strings than the larger hammer), their return speed would be the
same,(minus any mass/friction relationship differences).
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT