Article about bridge agraffes - function, types

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 19 19:25:25 MST 2006

Ed and others,
Alternate bridge capping is being done by a number of builders.  Some
are using boxwood to cap bridges in the treble.  Sauter uses two
cross laminations of ebony in the two upper treble breaks for the
Omega 7' and  concert grands.  The Sauter concert grand can be heard
on their website.

Those of us accustomed to fighting with the S&S killer octave(s) will
enjoy how this piano really sings through all of the treble.

Andrew Anderson