End-Butt Joint Via Epoxy

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Nov 19 16:54:04 MST 2006

I wish I could remember what kind of piano it was, but I have seen end-grain
butt-jointed flitches in a soundboard panel. I say hoo-ray! (I think it was
some sort of finger joint.)

If I remember correctly, Del has mentioned some manufacturers doing this as
well.

But what on earth might that do to the circle of sound?!?!?!?!

Terry Farrell