Article about bridge agraffes - function, types

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Nov 19 14:39:11 MST 2006

Ric
  Well, that depends on how you go about achieving the  amount of crown you
want.  I you are referring to a strictly compression  crowned assembly, then
yes, the kiss of death has started from the moment it's  bellied due to cellular
compression & destruction. If we are using a rib  crowned  or rib crowned and
supported then it's a horse of a different  color.
  Dale

only act to disperse vibrations.  If you think about it,  the traditional
crowned soundboard construction is the eventual kiss of  death to the piano.

ric