Check out Bandsaw Specifications

Michael Spalding spalding48 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 19 14:11:17 MST 2006

Dale,

One bad service experience with Jet was all I needed.  I will never buy another Jet tool.  Based on a colleague's satisfaction with his Jet drill press, (and my own evaluation after using his several times) I bought one from the local Rockler.  There's a notice in the manual:  "if you have a warranty issue, don't contact the dealer, call Jet at 1-800-blah blah..." .  Since my colleague's press had been manufactured, Jet had chased the lowest bidders down through several tiers of developing countries.  Quality sucked, and service was provided by independent mechanics on contract to Jet, also a lowest bidder situation.  My complaint was runout and vibration in the quill, and the guy who showed up to fix it didn't own a dial indicator.  Bottom line, shipped it back to Jet for full refund.  Won't go there again.

Mike