Rebuilt Action Touch is too light

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Thu Nov 16 05:39:32 MST 2006

I've added solder to hammer shanks to add weight for two different
pianists who wanted to practice on a heavier piano.  In both cases I
added one ring of solder around the shank right next to the hammer.
Each wanted some more so I added a second ring.  They were happy at this
point so I then put some glue on the solder and shank to keep them from
working loose and making noise.  The weights are still there on both
pianos and the pianists are happy with it.

dave

David M. Porritt

dporritt at smu.edu