Rebuilt Action Touch is too light

BRETT GLASS bgpianoman at email.com
Thu Nov 16 01:52:41 MST 2006

OK I've read Stanwood's PTD articles and I'm sure that technically this
is where I need to get to. With time and some investment in equipment
I'll get there.  Being on a remote Island in the South Pacific it's not
practical to call in a tech with the expertise & tools .   I need to
know the basics or how to take these  balance weight measurements your
asking for . Just so I don't make a mistake would some one spell it out
for me or tell me where I can find references to taking these
measurements . Also is there a kit I can buy with the weights I'll need
.  And someone said something about hammer shank clips from Pianotek . Is
there a part number ? Would they be available from Schaff ? I think this
might also be a good place to start. As I read in Stanwood's articles
they did this to see the pianist perception of touch when strike weight
was increased . I might be able to try this with the teachers to see if
this helps them .  Has anyone used the lead wire Stanwood talks about to
add weight to hammers ? What is the best scale to buy ?

Thanks again , Brett

--

Search for products and services at:
http://search.mail.com