Online Pitch source

Mark Schecter schecter at pacbell.net
Sun May 14 22:20:09 MDT 2006

Ric Brekne wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Does anyone know if there is an online pitch source available yet for
> calibrating ETD's

Hi, Ric.

I know this doesn't directly answer your question, and I think you're in
  Europe somewhere, so it probably won't help you. But others especially
in the U.S. might be able to use this information.

The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) broacasts
standard frequencies on radio stations, and some, including A440, are
available by telephone. This document describes the services they provide:
http://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/1383.pdf

It's pretty interesting.

-Mark Schecter