Thanks Roger

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri May 5 09:01:19 MDT 2006

Bob
   Love this kind of story.
  Dale

I had a client with a key that wouldn't  reset on his console. He was a
retired Highway Patrolman, so he just  glued a .38 slug to the back of the key. I
pulled the action, &  checked everything out including the wip center.
Everything was fine. I  noticed I could wiggle all the other notes by lifting the
backchecks 1/16" and  they would reset when released slowly. Then I saw that on
the offending note,  the back of that key had been originally sawn skinnier than
the others, making  it light enough at the back that the weight of the wip +
the weight of the  back of the key was not enough to counterbalance the front
of the key. I just  left his slug on and tuned the piano. For once, the
obvious solution was  correct !

Bob  Davis