prospecting for customers

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 08:02:17 -0500

As I said, I have had good return from Yellow Pages ads. However, my guess
is that is because I live in an area with high home-owner turnover. The
average resident in the Tampa Bay area lives at one location for five years.
Also, the area's population is growing at an astronomical rate. So I think
there are many people who don't have relatives nearby and don't know their
neighbor - so they open up the Yellow Pages. Yes, I get some price shoppers,
but I have also gotten many clients with fine grand pianos who wish to
service them regularly. I even got a $30,000 complete remanufacturing job
from my Yellow Pages ad!

I suspect that a town that is losing population - maybe especially a smaller
town where many folks live in one place for a long time - a Yellow Pages ad
might be less productive.

Terry Farrell